Call for the organization of National Dissemination Meetings
– The proposals must be submitted no later than the 15th July 2021 (EXTENDED)
– To organize the meeting between the 1st of November of 2020 and the 15th of October 2021 (EXTENDED)
As part of the second grant period of COST Action 18213 – Rural NEET Youths Network (RNYN), we are calling members from all countries to organize National Dissemination Meetings, within the Second Grant period of the Action. This call is provided due to the fact that the COVID-19 outburst imposes severe limitations to the organization international meetings. As an alternative, CA 18213 is proposing to fund meetings at a national level to address two main goals: (a) to promote stakeholders involvement (researchers, policy-makers, professionals); and (b) to ensure quick and meaningful dissemination of RNYN first deliverables of both Action Working Groups (WG).
National Dissemination Meetings might have many different formats (whole-day conference, workshops, round-tables). They might focus only on discussing CA 18213 deliverables or have a wider scope including specific moments for these deliverables presentation and discussion.
Irrespectively of the format and content, proposed meetings must comply with the following mandatory rules:
- Funded meetings are physical meetings (although parallel, online streaming is admissible);
- Inclusion of at least one moment (e.g. one panel, one presentation or one discussion) for presenting one of the CA 18213 first deliverables;
- Including representatives of local, regional and/or national level policy-making institutions in the list of invited speakers;
- Aligning the scope of the meeting with the current annual thematic priorities (rural NEETs & formal education and rural youth mobility (topics such as youth commutation between urban and rural spaces, youth within-country migration, youth settlement in rural areas, etc.), in case the meeting proposal is beyond the mere presentation of CA 18213 deliverables;
- To clearly identify ECI from the organizing country both in the organization of the meeting as well
- To target an expected audience of at least 50 people;
- To organize the meeting between the 1st of November of 2020 and the 15th of October 2021 (EXTENDED)
- To deliver a short report of the meeting, when submitting their payment request.
Funding for each meeting is limited to a maximum of 2000 Eur, covering the following expenses:
- Local Organizer Support (LOS) expenses (please check COST Vademecum, section 7, page 28);
- Within-country daily allowance and travel (only if the meeting takes place over 100km from home) of invited speakers, through the daily allowance mechanism;
- For any question or derogation, please contact Leonardo Sousa (email@example.com).
Important note: to cover invited speakers expenses, these must be registered in e.COST and receive an official invitation from the Action to be reimbursed. Thus, Local Organizers must ensure that the invited speakers’ email is provided to Leonardo Sousa (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Grant Holder Administrative Officer of the Action.
The proposals must be submitted no later than the 15th of July 2021. (EXTENDED)
The call will work on the basis of first comes, first serves. In case the proposals comply with the up-mentioned criteria, they will be immediately accepted.
Proposals will be checked by a team composed by the following members:
- Alen Mujcinovic (WG1 Leader)
- Alena Minns (WG1 member)
- Claudia Petrescu (WG2 Leader)
- Mariano Soler-Porta (Science Communication Manager)
In order to apply to this National Dissemination Meetings call, CA 18213 members must fill in the form made available here:
A short report form should be sent after the meeting.